Tropical Storm in Africa – level 3
Cyclone Idai hit southern Africa over a month ago, yet the death toll from the storm continues to grow. Officials say that more than 1,000 people have been reported dead in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi in the aftermath.
Thousands of others were injured and millions more affected. Damage assessments are still being conducted in all three countries, but the recovery costs could add up to more than $2 billion. There is also big concern over diseases in the flooded areas. The World Health Organization announced a vaccination campaign to combat a cholera outbreak in Mozambique.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.