Tropical storm in Bangladesh – level 2
A tropical storm swept across Bangladesh. It killed at least 24 people and it injured a lot more – hospitals around the country admitted 50 people.
The storm uprooted trees and damaged houses. It buried most of the victims under collapsed houses and trees. Electrical wires fell down and the electricity killed some people.
This was the first big storm of the spring storm season this year.
Difficult words: sweep-swept-swept (to move), admit (to let in), victim (a person who is killed or injured in an incident).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there tropical storms in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos