Trouble in Kashmir – level 2
Kashmir is divided among three countries – China, Pakistan and India – and each country controls a different part. India and Pakistan fought two wars over Kashmir.
There is trouble in the Indian-controlled Kashmir. The Indian forces raid homes, looking for rebels. There is a gun battle between them and the rebels, and six people die with many more injured.
This battle starts protests, and people start throwing rocks at the police. The police fight back.
Difficult words: divided (with different parts), force (the police or the army), raid (attack).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos