Trouble in Kashmir – level 3
Indian government forces raided homes in the Indian-controlled Kashmir after a tip-off that rebels were hiding there. There was a gun battle between the security forces and rebels in which six people died and many were injured.
The deadly battle sparked protests and clashes. Protesters threw rocks and forces fired shotgun pellets and tear gas at them.
The region of Kashmir is currently divided among three countries – China, Pakistan and India – and the last two have fought two wars over who owns it.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.