Truck is too heavy for a bridge – level 1
A truck drives onto a bridge. The truck is very heavy. The bridge is small and weak. The bridge falls down. This happens in China.
The bridge connects a village with towns. The people from the village have a problem. They cannot use the bridge. They must go around it, and that takes more time.
There is a water pipe under the bridge. The pipe is broken, too.
Difficult words: weak (not strong), connect (to go between two things), water pipe (a long object in which water moves).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is there too much news from China on this website?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.