Trump Coin in Russia – level 3
A Russian company has made a silver coin of Donald Trump to mark his inauguration, and it is bright and shining in its presidential glory.
The 12-centimetre piece, bearing the American president profile, has the Statue of Liberty on its other side with the writing: IN TRUMP WE TRUST. The director of the company which produced the one kilogram coin said that the slogan expresses the company’s feelings for Trump’s upcoming presidency.
The company plans to issue 45 of these coins, which will cost a few thousand dollars apiece, though the specific price has not been decided on yet.
But Trump himself doesn’t have to be put off by the price. The company wants to give him one of the unique coins, but it is trying to figure out just how to get it to him.
Difficult words: glory (a feeling when you are famous), inauguration (a ceremony when somebody officially becomes a president), put off (make somebody not do something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.