Trump in Britain – level 3
US President Donald Trump came to England on Friday and first met with the Prime Minister Theresa May.
At a joint press conference, May said that the two countries agreed to pursue an ambitious UK-US free trade agreement, with Donald Trump adding that he is OK with ‘whatever Britain is going to do’ in regards to leaving the EU as long as they can trade together. Trump and the First Lady also met the Queen at Windsor Castle.
It came as no surprise that there were protests ahead and during Trump’s visit. Tens of thousands of protesters marched through Central London, voicing their concerns over his agenda and immigration policy, for example.
Difficult words: pursue (work towards), concern (a worry about something), agenda (the things that someone does or plans to do), policy (a principle, a plan).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos