Trump Is the President – level 3
Crowds of people chanted “Not my president” in the streets of California to express their anger at the election of Donald Trump as president of the United States.
Making sure that their voices were heard, hundreds marched through big cities using anti-Trump slogans and shouting insults at the newly-elected president.
Republican Donald Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton shocked many people and ended eight years of democratic control of the White House, but clearly, as the protests show, many people are not pleased with the outcome.
Difficult words: chant (say repeatedly), march (walk), outcome (a result).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos