Trump–Kim Talks – level 3
The historic meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un took place in Vietnam’s capital of Hanoi last week.
The centre of the summit was a denuclearisation between the two countries. However, the talks ended earlier than planned, and people cancelled the signing ceremony.
President Trump explained his decision to walk away from the denuclearisation deal in a press conference. He said that North Korea was willing to denuke a large portion of the areas that the USA wanted it to, but North Korea wanted all of its sanctions lifted for that, and the USA could not do this. Nevertheless, Trump said that the countries conducted the talks in a constructive and friendly manner and that work and talks between them will continue.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.