Trump loses in Iowa – level 1
This news is from the USA. There are two political parties in the USA. They are the Republican Party and the Democratic Party.
Each party has two presidential candidates. Each party must only have one candidate. The party must choose. The party members choose the candidate.
The Democrats are choosing between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. The Republicans are choosing between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.
Iowa is a state in the USA. It is in the American Midwest.
Trump loses in Iowa. The Republican Party members do not choose him. They choose Ted Cruz.
Difficult words: party (a group of politicians – people who help run a country), presidential candidate (somebody who wants to be a president), member (somebody who is part of a group of people).
Which candidate do you like?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos