Trump’s company in trouble – level 1
Donald Trump has a real estate company. A real estate company buys, sells, or rents buildings.
Last week, the company gets a penalty of 1.61 million dollars. It is the highest penalty which is possible. The reason is the company cheats in paying taxes. It happens for 15 years.
Experts say that this penalty could be bad for other companies. They lend money to this company. Maybe, they will stop.
Trump says that some people want to hurt his business. They want to hurt him as a person. He does not want to pay the penalty. His company will go to another court. They will ask to change the situation.
Difficult words: penalty (the money which someone pays if he doesn’t follow a law), cheat (to make someone believe something is or is not true), tax (money which people and companies pay to the government).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.