Tsunami in Japan – level 3
Last Tuesday, an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.4 triggered a tsunami. The tsunami struck the coast of Japan near Fukushima, a home to a nuclear power plant that a huge 2011 tsunami destroyed.
As of now, there are no reports of fatalities, and only two people were injured a little bit. A government spokesman said that the tsunami warning has been downgraded.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.