Tunisia Attack – level 2
On Friday, two suicide bombers drove a motorcycle toward a police truck. The attack happened near the US embassy in Tunisia. The explosion killed both bombers and one police officer, and it injured five other people.
It is not clear if the bombers belonged to a terrorist group. However, Tunisian officials said that it was a terrorist attack. In 2015, there were three big terrorist attacks in Tunisia, and many people died. Since that time, there is a state of emergency in the country. There are two main threats for Tunisia: Al-Qaeda, which is a militant Islamic group and Libyan extremists.
Difficult words: suicide bomber (a person who explodes a bomb with the plan to kill himself and other people, too), state of emergency (when there is a dangerous situation in a country, and the government controls the situation), militant (aggressive).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos