Tunnel in a KFC – level 1
Police find a tunnel. It is on the border between the USA and Mexico. It starts in a house in Mexico. It leads to a KFC restaurant in the USA. The restaurant is old and closed.
This is a tunnel for smuggling drugs. Police arrest the KFC’s owner. However, they want to find more guilty people. Making a tunnel between the USA and Mexico is a crime.
Difficult words: border (the line between two countries), smuggle (move something illegal to another country), owner (a person who owns – has something), guilty (a person guilty of a crime does/did the crime).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.