Turkish warplanes crash – level 1
This news is from Turkey. Turkey has a large military. It has warplanes, too.
Turkish pilots are in training. They have an accident. They crash. Four people die. People investigate the incident.
There is another training. An accident happens again. The warplane falls down. There are two pilots in the plane. They die. People find the body of one pilot. They look for the second body.
Difficult words: military (a country’s army), investigate (to try to understand what happened), incident (a situation).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.