TV Education – level 1
Companies that make television (TV) shows make a new kinds of shows. They are about real life. They can be sad stories. They can be hard to watch. People are very interested in them. They learn from them.
In the 1970s, people make a TV show like this for the first time. It is about American slavery. A TV director says that this show is important. It shows people that slavery is bad. It makes them think differently.
TV shows have similar impacts now. One show makes people want to find out more about crimes. They want the police to solve the crimes.
Many of these new shows win awards. More TV companies want to make them.
Difficult words: slavery (the idea that a person owns another person), similar impact (the same thing happens), solve (find out what happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos