Twelve people in a tunnel – level 1
An accident happens in China. People build a tunnel. It will be a tunnel for trains. The tunnel falls down. We don’t know why.
Twelve workers are in the tunnel. They cannot get out. They are in danger. People try to save the workers. It takes them 63 hours.
All of the workers live. Not all of them can walk. They are taken to hospital.
Difficult words: tunnel (space for transportation under the ground), danger (not safe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How do you feel in a tunnel?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.