Twin Pandas and Snow – level 3
One-year-old panda twins Fu Feng and Fu Ban are in love with their first snowfall at a zoo in Vienna.
The zookeeper said that unlike hot summer days when pandas become rather lazy and look for shade, snowy winter weather turns them very playful. They romp around and climb things.
As they have really thick fur, pandas are well-protected from the cold. They even have fur on their soles so walking on snow and ice does not concern them.
The excitement from the snow and their winter-proof bodies contribute to the belief that the species originated from the mountains and forests of south east China.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.