Twitter has a new boss – level 2
Jack Dorsey is an American internet entrepreneur and philanthropist. He was born in 1976, and he helped start the social media platform Twitter.
In 2006, Dorsey and three other people created Twitter, and he became the company’s boss two years later.
Last week, he said that he was stepping down, but he would work for Twitter until 2022. Dorsey said that it was time to stop, and he also said that the new CEO would be Parag Agrawal.
Since 2011, Agrawal worked at Twitter as the Chief Technology Officer. Dorsey said that Agrawal would be a good boss.
Difficult words: entrepreneur (a person who starts his own business), philanthropist (a person who gives money to poor or sick people), step down (to end a job in an important position or office).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos