Twitter has a new boss – level 3
Jack Dorsey, an American technological entrepreneur and philanthropist, is stopping his job as Twitter’s CEO, giving control of the microblogging site that he helped start and built into a global communications platform.
Despite being widely used, Twitter has struggled to keep up with other social media platforms. Dorsey will help at the San Francisco company until his term ends in 2022. In a statement, Dorsey said that the company was ready to change from the people who started it.
Parag Agrawal, Chief Technology Officer who joined Twitter in 2011, was promoted to CEO. Dorsey said that Parag´s work over the past 10 years had been transformational, and he trusted Parag and his skills. It was his time to lead.
Difficult words: philanthropist (a person who gives money to help people who are in need), microblogging (the activity of making short, frequent posts), transformational (producing a big change or improvement in a situation).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.