Two groups fight – level 2
Rival groups of a religion fought at a temple in northern India. At least twelve people were injured.
How did the fighting start? The groups talked about a special event. They could not decide who should speak first.
Peace was restored. An official said that the incident would be investigated.
Difficult words: temple (special religious place), decide (to make a choice about something), official (somebody who is in a position of authority in an organisation).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What major religions are there in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos