Two Indian women are harassed – level 1
Two women are at a bus stop in India. They are sisters. There is also a group of men there. The men harass the women.
Everybody gets on the bus. The harassment gets worse on the bus. The men touch one of the women. The women do not like this. They tell the men to stop, but it does not help.
The men start to hit the second woman. Her sister wants to help her, but she is too far. She must take off her belt. She hits the men with it.
The sisters tell the police about this. The police investigate this incident.
Difficult words: harass (to say and do bad things to somebody and make him or her feel very bad), harassment (the act of harassing somebody), investigate (to try to get more information about something and understand it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What can you do in a situation like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos