Two journalists are killed – level 1
This news is about two journalists. They are American. They are in Virginia. They are on live TV. They are interviewing somebody.
Somebody shoots the journalists. The journalists die. The interviewee is also shot. She does not die.
People are looking for the shooter. It could be somebody from the TV station.
Difficult words: journalist (a person who makes news for a newspaper, radio station or TV station), interviewee (a person who is interviewed), could (can or cannot; we do not know yet).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what happened to the journalists?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.