Two Men and an Escalator – level 1
This happens at a shopping centre. The shopping centre is in Poland. Two men are on an escalator.
They are going down. Suddenly, somebody shouts, “Free burgers!” The men want the burgers. They must turn around. They must run up the escalator.
They are going the wrong way. This is not easy for the men. They fall a few times.
People watch them. They film them, too. In the end, the men get to the top. People start to cheer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you find this funny?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.