Two Men Escape from a Prison – level 1
This news is from New York. Two men escape from a prison. They are killers. They are dangerous.
They cut a hole through a wall. They move through the hole. This is like in the film “The Shawshank Redemption.”
Police want to catch these criminals. More than 200 officers look for them. People can help the police. New York offers $100,000 for good information.
Difficult words: escape (to run away), hole (a space), offer (to say you will give something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Will they catch the two? What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos