Two men help a woman – level 3
Two migrant workers in north China are being hailed as heroes, after they came to the rescue of this woman who was hanging from the window of a four-storey building.
The elderly woman in her 80s could be seen on Tuesday hanging from the building, after she’d slipped out of her window on the fourth floor.
Fortunately, her leg was caught on the air conditioner also hanging outside the window.
She was left crying for help whilst hanging upside down in the air.
Two workers who were painting the building heard her screams for help and immediately ran to the woman’s rescue.
They climbed up the building and held her until emergency services arrived.
Firefighters and paramedics turned up and helped bring the elderly woman down.
Luckily she didn’t suffer any major injures, but was left in a state of shock.
Difficult words: storey (floor), hail (to call somebody), cry (say something very loudly), immediate (right away).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.