Two Million People Die from COVID-19 – level 1
More people die from COVID-19 every day. The number of dead people is more than two million now.
Some companies make a vaccine against COVID-19. It still takes a long time to vaccinate millions of people. Another problem is that some counties do not have a vaccine.
Scientists say that it is very difficult to control the virus. It can take more than five months. It is possible that another million people will die this year.
The worst situation is in the US. The number of dead people is 390,000. Other countries with many dead people are Brazil, India, and Mexico.
Difficult words: vaccine (a shot that stops a person from getting a disease), vaccinate (to give somebody a shot and to stop a spread of a disease), control (to have the power to make something happen as you want).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos