UAE wind energy project – level 1
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has its first big wind energy project. A company called Masdar does it.
This project can make electricity for 23,000 houses every year. It also helps the air. 120,000 tons of CO2 emissions will not get into the air. It is the same as taking away 26,000 cars.
Masdar works with two other companies, PowerChina and GoldWind International. These three companies make special turbines. These turbines can make power even if the wind is not very strong. UAE likes clean energy. They also have solar and nuclear energy. UAE will host a big climate summit soon. They want to show that they care about the planet.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other clean energy sources are available in the UAE besides wind, solar and nuclear energy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.