UK sends people to Africa – level 1
A migrant is a person. He moves from one country to another.
Usually he moves because he is not safe in the first country. Many African migrants come to the UK by boats. The journey is very dangerous. Also, it is illegal. The boats are full. The sea is rough. Many people die. Young single men often come to the UK. Most of them can stay there. British politicians want to stop people who come by boats. The UK has a new plan. The country sends some migrants to Rwanda. Officials deal with their documents there.
Many people are not happy with this plan. Rwanda is a poor country with many problems. Migrants also stay in small rooms. They only have a bed.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.