UK vape ban – level 2
The UK government plans to ban disposable vapes. The increasing number of young people taking up vaping is worrying.
The plan is to stop vape marketing to children and underage sales. It is already illegal to sell vapes to those under 18, but disposable vapes play an important role in the rise of vaping among children. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak assures that adult smokers who look for alternatives to cigarettes will still be able to buy vape.
The UK Vaping Industry Association is against the plan, because it may lead to illegal sale of vape. Officials say that the ban could start in early 2025.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the UK government's plan to address the issue of increasing underage vaping, and how does the UK Vaping Industry Association feel about it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.