Ukrainian politician in a bin – level 1
Here is some news from Kiev, Ukraine. People throw a member of the parliament into a rubbish bin.
They hold him there, put water on him, and throw things on him. This politician is unpopular. He became unpopular in January. He restricted anti-government protests.
Difficult words: politician (somebody works for his/her country and its people), restrict (to limit something), government (bosses of a country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Which politician would you like to throw away?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.