Unicycling Championship – level 3
Over 150 competitors from around the world entered the 2018 Extreme Unicycling Championship in Cologne, Germany. They performed various tricks, including rails and half-pipes, at a skatepark.
Emile Mathieu, the organiser of the championship, explained that urban unicycling is only 15 years old, so there are new tricks every year.
The event marked its tenth anniversary, which is believed a feat for such a niche sport.
Difficult words: various (of different types), rail (when you ride a skateboard, bike or a unicycle on a handrail), half-pipe (a structure in which you can ride a unicycle or a skateboard, and which looks like the letter U from the side), mark (celebrate), feat (an achievement), niche (like by only a few people).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos