Unlimited vacation – level 3
Having unlimited vacation sounds great; however, it’s not.
More US companies move towards unlimited time off policies as it’s a popular thing to offer that helps with talent retention. It also shows trust in employees and it may be easier for the company’s administration.
However, unlimited PTO has potential pitfalls. It can fail if the company culture looks down on taking time off, and some employees might abuse the policy, which would put a burden on their co-workers and bring down productivity. Another issue to consider is that without restrictions, certain times of the year like summer and winter holidays may bring lots of overlapping out-of-office messages.
Currently, around 6% of employees in the US offer unlimited time off with Microsoft and Goldman Sachs being some of the most recent big-name companies that have announced it.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think the advantages and disadvantages of introducing an unlimited vacation policy would be in your workplace?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.