Unsafe Discount Drugs – level 2
Dollar Tree is a discount store that sells products at around $1.00. This includes things like medicines and drugs. A US government organization said that some of these drugs’ manufacturers did not follow safety laws to make these drugs.
The organization said that Dollar Tree recently received impure drugs from foreign manufacturers, and the drugs can be dangerous. The organization also said that Dollar Tree is selling drugs from manufacturers that have safety record problems.
Dollar Tree said that it wants to keep its customers safe, and it tests its products. The organization said that Dollar Tree needs a new plan to check for safety.
Difficult words: manufacturer (a company or a business that makes a product), impure (not clean, possibly unsafe or dirty), foreign (international, from another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos