UPS helps in Rwanda – level 2
UPS is working with a start-up called Zipline International. This start-up will deliver blood and vaccines to transfusion centres in Rwanda starting this summer, and the start-up will do it by drone.
Around half of all blood transfusions in Rwanda go to mothers who bleed after giving birth. Thirty per cent goes to children who suffer from anaemia. Getting blood to where it is needed quickly is very important, and drones can make deliveries 20 times faster than a motorcycle.
The project will help UPS and Zipline test drone delivery technology, which people can use to deliver packages to you in the future.
Difficult words: start-up (a new business), suffer from (if you suffer from an illness, you have the illness and it makes your life harder), anaemia (a medical condition when you do not have enough red blood cells).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.