Upside Down House in Taiwan – level 1
In Taiwan, There is a special house. It is upside down. It is fully furnished. It has real tables, chairs and dishes. It even has a car.
Hundreds of people visit the house. It is in the American country style. When you are in the house, you feel like you are in a film, such as “The Exorcist” or “Spider Man”.
The house is 334 square metres. It has a living room, a bathroom and a garage. People paid $600,000 USD to make the house.
Difficult words: furnished (with furniture – things like tables and chairs), dishes (you eat and drink from these things), paid (past of “pay” – give money for something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the upside-down house?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos