Upside-down House – level 3
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to dance on the ceiling, you can actually give it a go at a fully upside-down house in Shangai.
The house by a Polish designer features a bathroom, bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living area with everything upside down, including furniture and cutlery. Visitors to the house say that it is a dizzying experience, with one tourist finding the bathroom most interesting. She kept feeling like water might be falling out of the loo.
Difficult words: dizzying (making you lose balance).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What would be the most challenging part of visiting the upside-down house for you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.