Upskirting in UK – level 2
Upskirting is taking unauthorised pictures up a woman’s skirt. In Scotland it became illegal in 2010, but it is not illegal in England and in Wales.
However, this can soon change if a new law passes in the House of Lords. The law will make upskirting an offence. This is thanks to Gina Martin who was upskirted at a music festival in the summer of 2017. Later, she started a campaign to outlaw the practise.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.