US-China Business – level 2
China wants to lower taxes on goods that the country imports from the US. China will reduce some taxes by half for products such as pork, soybeans, or car parts. The new taxes start on February 14.
Last month, China and the US signed a trade deal that helps solve the trade war between the two countries. The US promised to change the taxes and China agreed to buy US goods worth about $200 billion. This deal has advantages for both countries.
Chinese officials said that the country wants to reduce all taxes. However, it depends on the economic and trade situation between China and the US.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.