US dollars in Zimbabwe – level 1
Zimbabwe has two types of money. One is the US dollar. The other is the Zimbabwean dollar.
Since 2019, people use the Zimbabwean dollar again. They like the US dollar better. The country doesn’t have enough US notes. People fix this problem.
People fix old notes. Some of them are torn. Torn is when they are in several parts. People should take them to a bank. Banks must change these notes for new ones.
People sell money on the black market. They do not believe the banks anymore. The banks lose their savings. High inflation makes them lose money.
Difficult words: note (a piece of paper money), black market (buy and sell things which are against the law), inflation (when prices grow and people buy less).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Since when has the Zimbabwean dollar been in use again?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos