US Medical Workers – level 1
There are many people with the coronavirus in the US. A report says that between 10% and 20% of these people are medical workers. Their job is very risky. They look after patients with the coronavirus. They can get sick easily.
In the last two months, there are 9,300 medical workers with the coronavirus. More than 70% of them are women. Their situation is not very serious. Most of them do not need to stay in the hospital. However, 27 medical workers die from the coronavirus.
The real numbers can be higher. Not all patients say what their jobs are. The report recommends that all patients must say their jobs. This is important information. It can help stop the coronavirus.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.