US Medical Workers – level 2
A report says that between 10% and 20% of US people with the coronavirus are medical workers. Between February 12 and April 9, there were about 9,300 medical workers with the coronavirus, and 73% of the positive patients were women.
Most cases were not very serious, and patients did not need to stay in the hospital. However, 27 medical workers died from the coronavirus.
The number of ill medical workers is probably much higher because not all patients said what their jobs were. The report suggests that all patients should report their jobs because this could help control the coronavirus. It is also necessary to protect the health and safety of medical workers.
Difficult words: positive patient (a patient who has a specific illness), report (to give a piece of information), safety (when someone or something in safe).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos