USA–Seoul Army – level 3
Despite North Korea’s criticism, the USA and South Korea are planning to hold their yearly joint military exercises.
The news comes soon after North Korea test-fired multiple weapons, including two new short-range ballistic missiles toward the Sea of Japan as a warning to the South Korean military. Pyongyang also said that the drill violated Trump’s promises which he made last year, and North Korea threatened to go on with its nuclear and missile tests.
Last year, the USA said that it would stop some of the exercises with South Korea as a show of goodwill during talks for denuclearization. Earlier this year, the USA and South Korea said that they would not hold their large exercises which normally happen every year, but they would carry out a few smaller operations instead.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.