Vaccine Cake – level 3
The Black Madonna café in the historic center of Prague, the Czech Republic, is now offering vaccine-shaped cakes.
The café previously made international headlines with a cake in the shape of the coronavirus, and many customers were charmed with the idea. Now, patrons can follow-up and enjoy a new dessert that is made of a thin sponge base with fluffy banana mousse and a strawberry-banana filling. The confection has red crosses on the sides and a small vaccine capsule sticking out of the top. While the base of the dessert can be enjoyed by people of all ages, the capsule contains a splash of strawberry gin for adults.
While some customers suggested on social media that the café should make a wreath or coffin-shaped cake, which are actually traditional Czech desserts, the cake maker wanted to stay positive and encourage people to get vaccinated.
Difficult words: patron (a person who gives financial or other support to a person or organization), confection (a decorated dessert), wreath (a round arrangement of flowers and leaves that is used for decoration or put on a grave), coffin (a narrow box in which a dead body is put).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.