Vaccine Passport – level 2
More countries in the world are starting to vaccinate people against COVID-19, and some people would like to make vaccine passports.
These passports would show that a person got the COVID-19 vaccine and that he could not spread the virus so easily.
Many countries which depend on tourists are excited, and they would like to introduce vaccine passports. For businesses which suffered during the pandemic, a vaccine passport could be a big help.
The problem is that tests showed that none of the COVID-19 vaccines was 100% effective. This means that some people who get the vaccine could still spread the virus. Another problem is that some countries started to vaccinate people months ago, but some countries are just starting. Also, older people got the vaccine earlier than younger people. Some people say that it is not fair that older people could travel because they would have the vaccine passport, but younger people could not.
Difficult words: passport (a document which makes it possible to travel abroad), suffer (to experience something very bad or unpleasant), effective (when something has the result which somebody wanted; when something works well).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.