Vaccine Passport – level 3
The discussion of COVID-19 vaccine passports has risen as more of the world gets vaccinated. Vaccine passports are certificates or digital cards testifying to the apparent low-risk status to their holders.
Greece is the most noticeable country in an effort to revive travel with the help of so-called vaccine passports that are gaining traction in tourist-reliant economies from the Caribbean to Thailand. Businesses that have suffered a yearlong battering from the pandemic are also coming as a route to salvation. Airlines have supported a number of tech solutions to verify passengers´ Covid vaccination or test results.
However, none of the available shots is 100% effective which means that travelers with vaccine passports could possibly continue to spread the virus in crowded resorts. Questions are also surrounding the fairness of vaccine passports, which would favor richer nations over poorer ones where vaccination has only just begun. Also, the passports would open up travel to the elderly and middle-aged who have been prioritized for vaccination.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.