Veganuary – level 3
Veganuary is a global campaign that promotes and educates about veganism by encouraging people to follow a vegan lifestyle for the month of January.
A record half a million people pledged to eat only vegan food in January 2021, and the reasons for joining Veganuary include health, the animals, and the environment. Some athletes are also fueling up on plants and following a vegan diet to help boost their performance and recovery.
Many athletes who have become vegan say that there are numerous benefits of a plant-based diet. They have a lot more energy, they feel stronger, and they are able to train harder. People who are thinking of trying a vegan diet should educate themselves, learn about the benefits, and make conscious decisions to eat better.
Difficult words: campaign (an organized set of activities in order to achieve something such as social or political change), pledge (a serious, formal promise), fuel up (to burn fuel in order to get energy).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.