Venice and cruise ships – level 1
In Venice, Italy, the government says that big ships cannot go in the historic center. Then a very big ship comes to the center. This is the first time after many months.
Hundreds of people protest. They go in the water in their boats. They stop the ship so that it cannot move. They play music. They shout at the ship.
Some people say how they feel. They say that the big ships are bad for Venice.
A man who works for big ships talks about the situation. He says that many trips start and end at Venice. He says that it is a big problem to stop the trips. He also says that they are talking to the city. They want to fix the problem.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.