Ventilator Deal – level 1
Journalists write about an unusual ventilator deal. In 2014, the US government and the company Philips make a deal.
The US government wants ventilators. These ventilators are cheap and light. The US can use them in emergency situations. The price of the ventilators is almost $14 million dollars.
However, the ventilators never come. Philips makes a different type of the ventilators. The company sells them overseas. The price of these ventilators is much higher.
Now, the US government and Philips make a new deal. The problem is that the ventilators cost a lot. The US government wants to know why. The government sends a letter to Philips. Philips must explain the situation.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.