Very Clever Boy – level 3
An 11-year-old from a town west of London scored 162 in the Mensa IQ test, meaning that his brain could be brighter than Stephen Hawking’s or Albert Einstein’s.
He said that the test wasn’t ’that difficult’ but admitted that he had to guess a few questions as there was not much time. Arnav, whose hobbies include badminton, wants to use his intelligence to help the world.
Only around 2 per cent of people reach a score higher than 132, which is a ticket into the Mensa club.
Difficult words: a ticket into somewhere (how you get into something, usually something difficult).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.